Logo design is a branding and marketing tool that can be used to signify a business. Put simply; your logo represents your business brand. It's something simple that, as you build brand loyalty, your customers come to trust and recognize.
A logo is a symbol made up of text and images that identifies a business. A good logo shows what a company does and what the brand values.
Logo design is all about creating the perfect visual brand mark for a company. Depending on the type a logo usually consists of a symbol or brandmark and a logotype, along with a tagline.
• you want to look more professional.
• you have one or more competitors offering a similar product or service and you want to
stand out and get noticed.
• you use business cards, a website, or other marketing materials and want to
demonstrate that you are qualified and competent.
• you want to raise money from investors or sell your business someday.
• you want to grow your “brand” and sell additional products and services, or franchise.
• you want customers to remember you.
You may be asking yourself: How can I design my own logo? These are the steps you need to follow.
Understand why you need a logo
Define your brand identity
Find inspiration for your design
Check out the competition
Choose your design style
Find the right type of logo
Pay attention to color
Pick the right typography
Communicate with your designer
Evaluate your logo options
What not to do when designing a logo
Integrate your logo design into your brand